Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 58 - Ahead By (Half) a Century

Today was a pretty big day for me, as I crossed the 50lb threshold. I weighed in at 246.8 pounds, which means I'm down 52.2 pounds since the start. It's gonna be a race to the finish though, as I really want to get to that 240 mark, or even 239 for an even 60lb loss. Homer Simpson weighs 239 pounds, but I like to think he's a lot shorter than me.

This Friday will be the last day of my juice fast, and my last weigh-in will be Saturday morning. Then, weather permitting, my sister and I will be rafting down the Chattahoochee. After all of this rain, the water level should be pretty good.

I posted another progress photo on my Photo Timeline page from this evening. It feels pretty good to be able to get my Strongbad t-shirt on. It's a little small still, but I couldn't have gotten it over my head a couple of months ago.

I've been giving more thought to my eating plan post-fast, and I'm really considering a whole food plant-based diet, which is essentially vegan. It just seems like such a departure for me, but when I think about where the Western diet has gotten me, it makes even more sense. I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called "Forks over Knives" that really put it into perspective. The only place I found the film lacking was that it was all about the why, and not the how. So I'll be researching that for myself.

Anyway, here's a clip from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment